Update!!!

2/25/2024: Picture content is slowly being removed from here on my blog and is being migrated to my YouTube channel @davidwxnut

Friday, July 22, 2022

July 18th Day Trip

Here are a few photos from my trip to Vantage, Washington to see the Frenchman Coulee, and the recently reopened railroad bridge (Milwaukee Road) that is part of the Palouse to Cascades State Park Trail in nearby Beverly, Washington. The next leg of the trip took me to Palouse Falls. On the way home, I decided to make a quick stop at Steptoe Butte State Park since I was driving right by it anyway.
 
 
The first block of pictures were taken at the Frenchman Coulee, which is just north of I-90, off Exit 143 (Silica Road).
The second block of pictures were taken at the recently reopened railroad bridge (Milwaukee Road) that is part of the Palouse to Cascades State Park Trail in nearby Beverly, Washington. From the Vantage Exit 136, take Huntzinger Road south for approximately 7 miles.
The third block of pictures were taken at Palouse Falls, which is in the middle of nowhere around 17 miles south of Washtucna, Washington.
The fourth block of pictures were taken atop Steptoe Butte, which is about 9 miles south of Oakesdale, Washington.
It was about a 12 hour day with 384 miles traveled from Spokane, although I went the long way home after leaving Palouse Falls. But to me, it's enjoyable to see the little towns with their old grain elevators, and the abandoned old vehicles and farm machinery visible from the highways. And I stumbled across the highest and longest railroad bridge on the entire Union Pacific Railroad system, which is a sight to see itself. It was an enjoyable day, and the only thing I'd done differently was wear some sunscreen. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment