Update!!!

2/25/2024: Picture content is slowly being removed from here on my blog and is being migrated to my YouTube channel @davidwxnut

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Trying Out My Mountain Bike

Work continues to be slow, but since I've got so much vacation time, it's working out good so far.




As I tweeted a couple of weeks ago, I had purchased a mountain bike at a used bike swap. Friday was a slow ( i.e. vacation) day, so I went up on Mica Peak. My hike took about 2 1/2 hours to get to my turn around point, but only took 50 minutes to get back to my car. Most of the way up is too steep to ride, but it doesn't really take any extra energy walking the bike up, and I'm mulling how I can fix up some type of rack to put my backpack on so I don't have to haul it on my back.

I set my camera on a dirt/rock edge of the hillside for the picture of me and the bike. This was around 4200 ft. elevation, according to the GPS app on my phone, and it wasn't far from there where I found some snow over the road back in a corner that doesn't receive much sunlight.



No comments:

Post a Comment