Update!!!

2/25/2024: Picture content is slowly being removed from here on my blog and is being migrated to my YouTube channel @davidwxnut

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Saltese Uplands Conservation Area

I took this hike on July 16, 2017. I am used to areas around here having more trees than this area has, so didn't properly prepare with sunscreen and got a little burned. Lesson learned for the next time out there. :) There are fabulous views of Mica Peak and down onto Liberty Lake.



First, the wildflowers. 

Hedge bindweed. Typically, I see completely white ones. The purple shade makes these beautiful.

I believe this is a blindeyes or long-headed poppy. 
A really small unidentified flower

Looking northwest towards town

Looking south towards Mica Peak


Looking south-east towards Liberty Lake

The cows seemed quite intrigued that there was someone up the hill from them.




Looking east into Idaho



Looking west towards Spokane Valley



Two photos of a Western Kingbird



Fields of grain in the valley to the south-west






No comments:

Post a Comment