Update!!!

2/25/2024: Picture content is slowly being removed from here on my blog and is being migrated to my YouTube channel @davidwxnut

Saturday, June 23, 2018

Mount Kit Carson, Washington

On May 28th, I took my third annual trip to Mt. Spokane State Park on Memorial Day. However, this time, I decided to hike to a different peak in the park. Mount Kit Carson is southwest of Mt. Spokane, and is around 600 feet lower. Photos below the jump break.



There was snow in the road ditch as soon as I started up Summit Road.

Tree lichen


The CCC cabin.



Snow a foot and a half deep on the hiking trail.


Spokane is the white smudges in the distance.


West off the peak



Looking across to Mt. Spokane peak.


Snow on the mountains to the north.

Steptoe Butte clearly visible to the south.

This little guy wanted some food. I left him a bit of muesli. 

No comments:

Post a Comment