Update!!!

2/25/2024: Picture content is slowly being removed from here on my blog and is being migrated to my YouTube channel @davidwxnut

Monday, September 3, 2018

Creatures, Rocks, and Fruit

The last of July's photos seemed to fit into these three categories. Photos below.



Creatures

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing

A bee on a thistle

A hummingbird sipping nectar from blackberry flowers.

I don't know what kind of a bug this creature is.
More rock designs in the Spokane River bed. The gray rocks are the oldest, while the new ones are white. This area was broken up from a lava dome that didn't erupt.








It almost seems like yesterday that I was so happy that I had found the first wildflower of spring. Now summer is nearly gone. Here are some photos of wild fruit growing along Centennial Trail. Some are edible, some not so much, and some I don't know.

Blackberries

Mountain ash

Wild cherries

Apples

Don't know this fruit.

Oregon grapes

Snow berries. These are not edible. I've read that these are poisonous, but it is not possible to eat enough of them to kill you, as they induce vomiting. 

Some flowers in the parking lot of an area business.

No comments:

Post a Comment